My tooth problem worsened after scaling...😞


One of the frequently heard phrases by the dentists ,"I was perfectly all right doctor, I went for routine cleaning of my teeth and after that I started having problems in my teeth. It became loose, I started having sensitivity and a day later I had bleeding from gums."

Well for starters oral prophylaxis or scaling is cleaning of your teeth which requires removal of extrinsic stains, and calculus. This calculus (tartar) houses bacteria that releases toxins which cause inflammation to the gum tissue and surrounding bone eventually leading to bone loss.

 So what happens when dentist does scaling for you...

Why - After scaling gaps are created in between teeth.
🤓 - The gaps you feel in between your teeth is due to the space available after removal of calculus. This space was previously occupied by your gums or by your teeth. Calculus not only create spaces between your teeth by causing pressure but also gives bad breath. So why do you want to keep this freeloader!!!

Why - My teeth are more sensitive...
🤓 - Removal of calculus (tartar) may require scaling and root planing which might expose some dentinal tubes causing sensitivity. But it is temporary, apply some desensitizing gel/paste as prescribed by your dentist and within two weeks be fit and fine :-) 

Why - Bleeding occurred after cleaning of my teeth..
🤓 - The amount and duration of post-treatment bleeding after scaling and root planing depend upon the degree of inflammation present before treatment. Persistent bleeding is rare, although deep pockets or severely inflamed tissue may bleed for up to several days after treatment. In case you are having persistent bleeding after a day please do contact your dentist as soon as possible.

Why - I feel that my teeth have become loose/ or looks bigger/ my teeth roots are seen...
🤓 - As the tissue becomes healthier, some root surfaces may be exposed and spaces may occur between your teeth. This is a result of subsiding inflammation of the gums and is a sign of healing.




Before

After
 
For more information -
Log on - www.bhushandentalclinic.com
Email us on - bhushandentalclinic@gmail.com




Comments

Popular Posts